EcoHORNET can generate savings starting with 50% of the bill for heating and hot water, improves the quality of life and the comfort in your home, no matter if individual houses or blocks of apartments. The users are becoming independent of national pricing policies, taxes and excise regulations which will tax in the future more and more for pollution, for fossil fuel consumption and for energy inefficiency.
For heating and producing hot water in homes we recommend the use of ecoHORNET heating units.
· radiator heating
· underfloor heating
· fan convector heaters
· domestic hot water production
If you install a heating unit ecoHORNET of 35-500 kW range, it is good to know, it is equipped with everything you need in the technical room, namely:
- heating agent accumulator
- built-in high efficiency serpentine for domestic hot water production
- installation of heat distribution to the house, with two independent heating circuits (including pumps, mixing valves, filters, valves, water temperature gauge, expansion vessels for the heating system, ambient radio thermostat, various small parts).
- anti-condensation installation (circulation pump, 3-way valve, taps and other small parts).
- installation for transporting the domestic hot water to the building equipment (expansion vessel, mixing valve, other small parts).
- Electrical protection set: UPS (stabilizer, rectifier, inverter), 2 batteries
Optional: from the pellet boiler can be realized more than two heating circuits
Advantage: All of the installation parts are chosen in such way to be compatible with each other, they are of best quality and thus the mounting mistakes of the less knowledgeable plumbers are avoided – all for an installation timing greatly reduced.
Advice for thermal energy saving and increased home comfort
We recommend using independent heating circuits for the areas with different regime of use and heating. This way you may program the ambient temperature and the heating schedule differently, depending on needs and timing.
- one circuit for ground floor / living area: living room, office, kitchen, hallways
- one circuit for first floor / night area: bedrooms, bathrooms
- one circuit for children’s rooms
- one circuit for attic (sport or recreation area)
Details on page: Pellets thermal units (go to the page)
Frequently asked questions:
Many people ask if ecoHORNET heating units can be utilized for underfloor heating since the required temperature in the system should not exceed 38-40 ° C.
The ecoHORNET heating units can be used without any addition in installation, for the underfloor heating is using only the distributors of the installation, because all you need to do is to set the desired temperature on the mixing valves, which are mounted on the actual heating circuits. The mixing valve is combining the hot water from the boiler with the cold water from the return circuit and send to the house the thermal agent at the defined temperature.
Is the use of ecoHORNET heating unit effective in the summer, only for the production of domestic hot water?
Yes, the use of the ecoHORNET heating unit is effective during the summer, it is more advantageous to produce hot water with the existing installation, consuming about 100 kg pellets per person during March to October than purchasing an unredeemable solar panel installation.
The ecoHORNET thermal unit does not work continuously, it stops when the water temperature in boiler reached about 85 ° C (according to the settings) and it starts again when the water temperature dropped to 52 ° C.
Since the boiler is incorporated into the heater, it is submerged in hot water, thus the hot water is produced as well when the installation is not working. During the summer, the heating unit works about an hour every several days, depending on water consumption.
From experience of our customers, throughout the warm period the pellet consumption is of about 100 kg / person in a family considered a big consumer of water.
A family of 5 people do not consume more than 500 kg pellets during the summer, which means a cost of 70 Euro / year for having permanent hot water, with no worries on cloudy or rainy days, or mornings with no hot water.
Or, for an installation of solar panels that will provide 100% of the needed hot water plus a different fuel consumption when the panels are not working, the annual depreciation rate is higher (considering 8-10 years the lifetime of the good quality solar panels).
How much is the ecoHORNET pellet boiler consuming?
Actually the ecoHORNET pellet boiler is NOT consuming. The ecoHORNET pellet boiler is producing heat with an incredible efficiency of 96-98%.
The CONSUMER is your house, and the consumption depends on how fast it transfers to the outside the heat produced by the ecoHORNET pellet boiler.
We recommend you to pay special attention to the building insulation – not only to the walls but also, very important, to the slabs and especially to the roof. Choosing a good quality insulation material together with realizing separate circuits for heating, and using good quality carpentry and glazing – will guarantee a consumption up to 50% lower than the average building.
- if you have rooms with great height, we recommend floor heating.
- however, remember that the underfloor heating is not recommended for bedrooms, where the most of the floor surface is covered with specific furniture (beds, cupboards, etc.).
- if you have very large windows or glass walls, we recommend installing along such windows / walls some rows of heaters in the form of pipes with fins and fan convectors embedded in the floor, in order to create a curtain of hot air, which shall isolate the rest of the room from the cold air originating from the window.
Very important: if your building’s energy demand is lower than the nominal power of the ecoHORNET heating unit, the consumption of pellets will be proportionately less. The ecoHORNET heating unit is not consuming more than what is needed to heat the building at the programmed temperature.
|Type of heating unit||Power (kW)||Maximum heating volume (square meters)||Pellets consumption for heating + ACM (tons of pellets / year)|
|Insulated house||Non-insulated house|
|CTP35||35||875||4 – 5||5.3 – 10.5|
|CTP55||55||1375||7.1 – 10.5||10.5 -15.8|
|CTP75||75||1875||10.5 -14||15.8 – 21.8|
|CTP125||125||3125||15.8 – 21.9||21.8 – 32.8|
|CTP225||225||5000||26.2 – 39.4||39.4 – 59.1|
|CTP325||325||8125||43.8 – 65.7||65.7 – 85.4|
|CTP425||425||10600||61.3 – 70||91.9 – 105|
|CTP525||525||13125||78.8 – 87.6||118.2 – 131.4|
Average consumption recorded in buildings that use ecoHORNET heating units.
The insulated buildings have a standard insulation: expanded polystyrene of 10 cm, standard insulated roof, medium surface insulated windows.
The maximum heating volume is calculated for buildings with standard insulation.