Schools, neighborhoods of blockhouses, City Halls, heating plant distribution units, municipal sports centers, hospitals, public buildings, etc. – these are some of the buildings where the ecoHORNET heating equipment is an advantage.
In the past two years the number of public buildings which are using ecoHORNET equipment to generate heat and hot water they need have increased.
Building type: cinema and auditorium, Location: Resita, CarasSeverin, Real estate size: 1000 m², 10.000m³, 600 seats
– 2 ecoHORNET pellet boilers of 2 x 100kW, with multistage functioning
– Thermal agent accumulator (puffer) of 3000 liters, with stainless steel serpentine for producing instant domestic hot water
– Heating the performance hall with finned pipes mounted under the seats, on several independent area heating circuits
– ecoHORNET burner with radiant tubes of 60kW for heating the stage. It makes it possible to heat only the scene in rehearsal hours, without heating the entire room.
Building type: Elementary school of I-IV grades, Location: Brebeni, Olt
Technical solution: ecoHORNET pellet boiler 20kW
They gave up heating with diesel fuel that was very costly for the commune budget and also polluting.
Now the little students are accustomed from the youngest age with the ecological warming with pellets made of vegetal residues and energy crops.
Building type: Carasan Technical College from Resita, Location: Resita, CarasSeverin
– ecoHORNET pellet boilers 2 x 125kW,
– Thermal agent accumulator (puffer) of 1500 liters, with stainless steel serpentine for producing instant domestic hot water.
The main sources of biomass for the production of pellets, convenient for municipalities:
- biomass from trimming the trees in the city and from the maintenance of parks and green spaces
- vegetal debris from area farmers
- organic municipal waste
In a city with 150.000 inhabitants are collected every year around 60.000 tons of waste;
- From 000 tons of waste / year results, after sorting and drying, an amount of 30.000 tons of pellets.
- Burning 000 tons of pellets in ecoHORNET equipment results in 120.000 MW/year thermal energy.
- providing heat and domestic hot water to the population and other consumers in a permanent regime and in terms of quality
- low cost energy provided to consumers, bearable for the population
- new jobs for specific activities related to pellets production, collecting the biomass from the farmers, feeding the heating plants with pellets, the heating plants maintenance
- the money saved can be used for other projects in benefit of the community: education, schools, hospitals, culture, investments
For the City Hall budget:
- eliminating the loses from the thermal energy transmission grid, reflected in the price of heating (Gcal) subsidized by the City Hall
- eliminating the expenses for maintenance, repairs and modernization of the thermal energy transmission grid
- removing the subsidies of the energy sale price
- emptying the municipal landfills and sparing the costs of its administration
- additional income from taking over the waste from neighboring counties, processing and transforming the waste into pellets
- grant investment – being a project for increasing the energy efficiency, the use of fuels from renewable sources in thermal energy production in an environmentally friendly way, and for the depollution of the environment, there can be accessed various financing programs, both internal and external, reducing this way the effective expense from the local budget
For a cleaner and greener city:
- elimination of the pollution generated by the landfill
- elimination of the pollution generated by the outdated and underperforming Electro-Thermal Plants (CET)
- depollution of soil, air, and water by collecting the plant and livestock debris from farmers in the area, as well as the waste from trimming the trees of the city
- depollution of air – having a service for supplying heat and hot water of a good quality and affordable prices, the population does not give up the central heating, the number of dangerous and polluting gas heating units is not increasing anymore, and the pollution between the blockhouses caused by the flue gases discharged by the gas heating units is reduced.
The ecoHORNET solution:
At each of the existing heating substations will be installed ecoHORNET thermal energy production modules, consisting of:
- One or more ecoHORNET pellet boilers with cascade operation (starts to operate when those already in operation can no longer provide the necessary energy) = economical functioning reported to the actual consumption
- Heating agent accumulators (puffers) with stainless steel serpentine for producing instant domestic hot water
- Hot water tanks (accumulators for the domestic hot water produced by the puffers’ serpentine)
- Materials for the equipment interconnection and the connection to the distribution to the end consumers.
The modules will be installed in existing thermal distribution substations, or, if this is not possible, will be installed in containers.
In the locations where have been installed high power thermal systems, we provide more thermal units, so as only one to work in the summer for producing only domestic hot water, while in winter, or if there are maintenance works to one unit, the others can provide the necessary heating, without letting the population to suffer from heating shortage.
If the heating point capacity requires modifications, then heating units can be added or removed (relocation to other objectives belonging to the City Hall).
The investment cost in ecoHORNET modules and pellets production equipment
The ecoHORNET turnkey equipment installation price is of 250.000 € / MW + VAT
Calculation example for a city from Romania, with 250,000 inhabitants, and about 40,000 apartments, and about 160 other institutions, which, when it is served by a thermal power plant built in the years 1976-1983, and exceeded as performance, efficiency, emissions, transport system of the thermal energy to the substations is old, underperforming, and the declared energy losses are between 30% and 60%.
ecoHORNET solution: ecoHORNET proposes installation of modules with a total power of 162 MWh to the existing substations of the city.
Thermal energy needs in a centralized system at city level is obtained from 65000 tons of pellets per year.
90% of these pellets can be achieved from the organic waste collected at the municipal landfill in one year (100,000 tons of unprocessed waste).
The cost of the pellets manufacturing facility with a total capacity of 65,000 tones / year is of approximately 1,950,000 € + TVA.
Total investment for installing ecoHORNET modules with a total power of 162MW = 40,500,000 € + TVA
Total cost: ecoHORNET modules + pellets manufacturing facility = 42,450,000 € + TVA
The strategies developed in the years 2013 and 2014 at the request of the City Hall predicts the following expenses:
|2013 Strategy||2014 Strategy|
|Power to be installed for the heating necessary coverage||180 MW||160MW|
|Installing heating production sources (3 pieces) – running on natural gases or black oil||85.000.000 Euro||44.040.000 Euro|
|Rehabilitation of the main transport networks||21-30.000.000 Euro||21.850.000 Euro|
|Rehabilitation of the thermal points||15.100.000 Euro||13.400.000 Euro|
|Total||121.100.000- 130.100.000 Euro||79.290.000 Euro|
Comparing the figures above, it is shown that it is cheaper to install the ecoHORNET modules solution.
Add here the spending cuts with the municipal landfill, the subsidy for the Gcal selling price, etc.
The City Hall no longer needs to invest in rehabilitation of the major transport networks and in rehabilitation of the thermal distribution points.
ecoHORNET is a solution for the local decision makers, mayors and members of the local councils, technicians and heads of departments, local development groups or for any municipal representative who is concerned in improvement of the quality of life for the people of the city he is administrating.